In recognition of breast cancer, we want to share resources available in our community. #YouDontHaveToFaceThisAlon
Genesys Hurley Cancer Institute offers many free programs to help
patients and family members cope with their cancer diagnosis. With a goal to reduce stress, increase health, mobility and balance, and
most importantly have fun during a time that can be difficult.
Here are a few of the classes offered: Beginning Gentle Yoga,
Chair Yoga, Meditation, Journaling, Learning to Express Yourself,
Scrapbooking, Fun Art Classes, Lymphatic Drain Massage and
Painting. Along with classes, the Genesys Hurley Cancer Institute offers several free support groups for patients and family members.
• Pink Perfection: For women with breast cancer.
• Metastatic Cancer Support Group: For men and women with metastatic cancer.
• Men’s Cancer Support Group: Topics related to men’s cancers provided for those living with cancer and their caregivers.
• Stop Smoking Support Group: Provides strategies and support to help achieve a smoke-free life. Bring a friend and quit together!
• Kidney Cancer Educational Support Group: Topics are centered around kidney cancer, but many speakers are relevant to other types of cancer.
• Ovarian Cancer Support Group
To find out about upcoming classes, programs and support group meeting times, call (810) 762-8220 Toll free (888) 762-8675 or sign up for our newsletter by visiting www.ghci.org